Monday, July 9, 2007

July Already!

Hi, It has been awhile since I posted...

I can hardly believe that it is July!! I am trying to figure out where the time is going. I have come to the conclusion that my head was partially in la la land most of the month... Oh well, I guess that the first week or two I was in bed most of the time. And the rest, I hardly left the house due to recovery. Well, I feel pretty much back to normal. Someone was asking me today if I was 100% yet. I don't feel 100, but maybe at least 90%. I still get tired pretty easily. Oh, and I caught the cold during the camping trip. Sue and Steve both had it while we were camping.

Oh! The camping trip. We spent the 2nd through the 7th in the Big Horn Mountains camping. It was a great time. The boys had a blast. They caught quite a few fish and just had fun getting dirty and playing in the fire. We came to the conclusion that the fire bug is hereditary. My mom was up one night and she said that she loves playing in the fire as do I!! I guess my boys get it from me... I tested my stamina a little bit. On Saturday, we hiked up to the Medicine Wheel. It was 3 miles roundtrip and I handled it pretty well, as did the boys and Sue!

I worked a full day today. I am feeling well. I am tired, but that is from the camping trip, the cold and just trying to catch up on my sleep. One problem with this cold is that when I cough or sneeze, it makes my head hurt. In the shower this AM, I coughed hard and it really made the head hurt from the surgery. I had to lay down once I got out, but took some Aleve and got on with my day and it wasn't bad. But, I know it could be a lot worse, so I thank God every day that things turned out so well!!

Tomorrow is Parade Day here, so I am going to take the boys to the parade. That should be a hoot. They love that kind of thing.

Well, sorry it was so long since the last post. I will try to do better. I guess that I don't even know if anyone is reading this anymore. If you want me to keep going, let me know...

3 comments:

Tammy said...

Carmen,
I check your blog from time to time... to see what you’re up to and how you're feeling. So as long as you feel up to it... keep posting. It's fun to "keep in touch" this way (if you can call it that ;)). It is so nice to hear that you are recovering so well, pretty amazing!
Your camping trip sounded like a lot of fun.
Our high school reunion is in two days! I can't wait to see you!!
Keep up the good attitude and you'll be feeling 100% before you know it.
Take care!
Love,
Tammy

Jim & Shannon said...

Carmen,

I am so glad that you are doing well!!
Take care of yourself!

I can't wait for Bunco to start again!!

Shannon

JAV said...

Carmen - I check your blog every day and love to see new posts. It seems like you are doing PHENOMENALLY well, and that is so inspiring. It seems like you're back to normal - although I'm sure you're not feeling yourself yet.

How are the boys adapting to your new needs?

anything happening in that ear that indicates you may be able to hear at some point? None for me. It's clear. But learning to adapt.

I'm thinking of you all the time and hope you are doing well.

jv