Thursday, June 28, 2007

Work, Medicine

Hi, Well, I have been back to work part time this week. It is amazing how draining it can be, even though I am not super busy yet. July will be a little more challenging I am sure, as I have a lot of reporting to do. We also have some permits to get out next week. I worked part of Wednesday and Thursday and will put in a few hours tomorrow also. It has been on my mind all week to call the doc, but I haven't gotten that done. I will be sure to get him called tomorrow.

The Explanation of Benefits from the insurance are coming through regularly. My insurance is picking up pretty well. What a relief that is. Most of the providers in Denver are so called "Preferred Providers", so there haven't been any charges above the "reasonable and customary" that the insurance won't pay. Thank GOD!!!

I have had a wake up call to MEDICINE this past year. My best friends sister has cancer. She has been fighting since last September. She is doing okay to date. The experience she is going through and my experience is what has amazed me. I guess that I had always thought that the doctors were like "all knowing" and could take care of things. In my case, that is what has happened, but in Susie's case, that doesn't seem to be. They just can't say what is going on... We want answers, we want test results, we want to just know. Unfortunately that is not always the case. I don't know why I decided to go into this now... BUT, for all of you who know the power of prayer, please pray for Susie and for the Lord to cure her.

C.

2 comments:

JAV said...

Carmen - It is amazing how much more "art" than "science" medicine can be. I've had the same experience as you - we are straight forward, but I've had family members with more unknown issues. Much more anxiety provoking. I'll keep prayers going and fingers crossed for Susie. In the meantime - go see your doctor, and take it easy!

Anonymous said...

Hello Carmen, I have not been on the site lately. I have been busy studying...again! I hope to hear from you or see you if you make it to Sheridan for Rodeo. I do believe in the "power of prayer." It gave my mother 6 more months of life to say her goodbyes. I am sure we can help Susie.
Love ya!
Anussa