Thursday, August 9, 2007

School supplies

Hi, Tonight I took the boys to get their school supplies as school is going to start on the 20th. That is pretty early for us, but I guess it will be fine. Boy do they need alot of stuff... We went to Target. They have the whole back corner set up with school supplies. I was in the middle of it all and I hear my name. I look around one display and didn't see anyone looking at me, so I keep hearing my name and finally whip around and see a girlfriend from college. "oh sorry, I am deaf in one ear, so I couldn't tell where you were" DUHH It is kind of embarrassing, but I don't know what I can do about it. Just keep on adapting and figure out how to turn around and around.
My mom is coming this weekend. I don't know that we will do anything real exciting, except maybe go for a picnic or something. We have a state park just outside of town that used to be a gravel pit, that has a pond. The boys enjoy going there as the pond has minnow they can catch and corral. We may go out there. Natural bridge isn't too far either and mom hasn't ever been there. It is a mini oasis out in the middle of our arid climate. We'll see.
Work is going well. We are really busy. It is nice to have a lot going on as it makes the days go by quick.
I guess I will close for now and quit rambling. I hope everyone is doing great!
Love, C.

1 comment:

JAV said...

I can't believe it's back to school already! It felt like Autumn in NYC yesterday, though. It was freezing.

I'm starting to get used to explaining the deaf in one ear thing - it gets easier and easier. Although, I'm trying to learn how to stop apologizing for it.

Sounds like you have a nice visit planned. Enjoy!