Friday, June 15, 2007

??

Hi, I can't think of a title for this post... Well, anyway, things are going well for me. I am feeling good. I actually did have a big week considering that I had neurosurgery just over 3 weeks ago!

I went in to work on Wed for about 2 hours and went back on Thursday for about an hour. I had just a couple of things that needed to be handled, that I thought only I could do... I am sure someone else could have handled it, but it was just easier for me to take care of it. And, it was nice to get out and see people. I do get cabin fever pretty easily. I am just so used to being on the go.

Well, if that wasn't enough, I decided that the boys really needed to go to the College National Finals Rodeo that is here this week. Yes, Casper is the host! So, we packed up and went last night. It is a good show, that is for sure. The action never stops and it only lasted 2 hours. What was interesting was the noise and starting to adapt to the single sided hearing. (yes hearing, not deafness, like is the glass half empty or half full) Anyway, I was a little nervous about all of the stimulation and what not, but it wasn't too bad. We probably should have sat on the other end as I think all of the speakers were in the middle and the deaf ear was toward them, not the hearing ear. So, next time I go to the Events Center, I will be sure to get tickets accordingly! It was kind of hard to understand the announcer, but Sue said she couldn't understand either with 2 good ears, so it wasn't just me.

Well, that's about all going on here for the moment.
C.

1 comment:

JAV said...

Carmen - I can't believe how well you're doing! I can't imagine how you went to work! I'm guessing you didn't tell your doctor ;)

I also find that big "arena" type things are very hard to hear. Sounds like you handled the rodeo with aplomb. Rest assured, it gets less annoying.