Tuesday, June 5, 2007

Update

Hi everyone, today was not a good day, but now I am feeling better. I had a pretty good headache this morning. Hopefully not a regular thing. This evening, my neck is pretty sore and achey.

Yesterday was a pretty big day. In the morning, we went to Connor's Kindergarten graduation. It was fun. The afternoon, I went to Dr. Podrazik the local ENT and had my stitches removed. He said they should have come out a little sooner as it was pretty red, but his offices were closed so they could move. No big deal, it pulled and hurt a little on a couple of them, but not bad. Cooper had counted them last weekend and there were 16 if I remember right. Now, the incision site is really itchy. I guess that means it is healing.

Well, I have no hearing on the left. This could be permanent, but the docs say to give it a year before we really know. I think they wanted me to get a hearing test at 6 weeks. I am keeping some hope as the surgeons said the hearing nerve is in tact, and has a blood supply even though the tumor had stretched it. At this point, I am sure it is still swollen in there and will take some time for that to go down. The tinitus is load and clear. I don't know that it will ever go away, but I will eventually get more used to it. If the hearing does not return, there are a couple of options for hearing aids. I will wait before I worry about that though.

Tomorrow is two weeks since surgery!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Do you intend to cover any future hearing aids with your hair if you had to wear them and why?