Saturday, May 26, 2007

Carmen Here on SAT AM

Well, here I am, another day. I am not feeling too bad. The neck is sore by the incision. I just took some Valium for that. For pain, they finally got me on some Vicadin (SP?) It doesn't give me the itches, which is a relief.
The Physical Therapist was here first thing this morning and showed me some balance exorcises. I think it would have been better had I had some anti-nausea meds, but I got them afterwords. Also, the doc was in and took the dressing off of the incision. That is kind of a relief as it was squishing my ears. He said it is about 4-5" long.
He said that I will probably be getting out tomorrow or Monday. The neurosurgeon wants to see me in his office on Tuesday. They are both out of town for the weekend (the neuro and the oto). Therefore, I will be coming home on Tuesday sometime. Hopefully not too late. I am ready to sleep in my new bed again!
As Dave and KEvin mentioned in their posts, I set up an account at My 2nd Kitchen. They prepare meals and deliver them. If you want to do something for me, one thing you can do is make a small donation to the account. I will order some meals once I get home.
I am going to sign off for now. Wearing me out. I will try to post this evening or in the morning.
Carmen

2 comments:

Tammy said...

Wow Carmen! It sounds like you are doing super well with your recovery so far, considering what you’ve just been through. I have the feeling that you will be feeling lots better by the time our reunion rolls around. I am really looking forward to seeing you again. Keep up the good work. I admire your strength.
I’ll be thinking about you and wishing for you to heal as quickly as you can.
Love, Tammy

williwyo said...

My dear old friend,

You have been in my thoughts and prayers. I am very relieved to read that you are recovering well and that the surgery is over. I'm sure you are so relieved yourself. You have had such a wonderful attitude through this ordeal. Keep getting stronger!

Love ya,
Debbie