Thursday, May 17, 2007

Five days to go

Well, I am counting Friday through Tuesday and the surgery is on Wednesday. Seems really strange... Back in March when the doctor kept moving my appt back for the consult, it seemed like time was going by oh so slowly. Now, that everything is set into motion, it seems like the days are flying. I sure hope the days in the hospital and the days of recovery also go by quickly. I shouldn't be wishing that at all though. It seems like time does go by quickly and there is nothing we can do about that concept except to deal with it and try to cherish every moment. (Be it good or bad I suppose!)

Wow, am I getting a little too deep here?? Oh well. That is what this space is for.

Tomorrow is my last day of work for awhile. I have things taken care of to the best of my ability, I hope.

Thank you everyone for the comments, they make this a little more interesting for me. For those of you who would like to email me and not post comments, my email address is dragonflyclg@yahoo.com.

Connor can't stop talking about Shrek the Third. It opens tomorrow, so I am sure we will be one of the millions taking it in this weekend. Connor's last soccer game is Saturday. That means all of the extra curricular activities are done. We went to a picnic for Cooper's last night at cub scouts tonight. Connor's kindergarten graduation is on June 4th, so I am hoping I will be able to get out by then. Actually, a mini goal. Track day is the 7th, so we'll see if I can make it to that, too, unless the boys go to Jackson with Jerry for a rod run that weekend.

I think I have rambled on enough for tonight. I hope I didn't bore you all!

3 comments:

JAV said...

Carmen -

I just came across your blog in a search. I spend a lot of time on the computer these days because I'm home recovering from acoustic neuroma surgery. I had mine on March 21st. If you're like I was, you're really nervous right now! But let me assure you, you will be absolutely fine. It's really not as bad as what you are imagining. These neurosurgeons know exactly what they are doing - and to them, this is one of the easiest tumors to deal with. Thank God for these rock star doctors! If you are interested, I have been keeping a blog as well. It's gotten very silly the longer I'm home - I'm very bored! But if you click on the "Joan Update" category label it will give you most of the AN related info. Here's my blog address:
www.apieceofjoansmind.blogspot.com

By the way, I went to Wyoming last year and loved it. My husband and I went skiing in Jackson for a week. It was amazing.

Good luck with your surgery - you'll be great.

Juli said...

How cool Carm, getting this last comment from Joan. I think its made me feel better! Rick says Hi & he'll see you Tuesday. His parents are praying for you, as are we all! The pictures are great. I'll see you soon, & we LOVE YOU! Juli

Anonymous said...

Hi Carmen-your getting your old aunt into this blogging. What a great idea! Thanks for the updates they have been great. I'm praying for you and know God will take care of you. You have a strong spirit and I'm very proud of you. Love ya! Linda