Tuesday, May 1, 2007

May Day

I love Spring. It is my favorite season. The rebirth is just fascinating. We are having a thunder storm right now. I love it, especially the smell of rain.

I went to the field for work today. The meadowlarks were amazing. I just had to stop and listen. Their song is just amazing. I paid particular attention as I may not ever hear their song in stereo again if I loose the hearing in my AN ear. I am definitely more aware of that kind of thing now. I even cranked up the stereo in the car.

By the way, I am not feeling sick or having any real symptoms now. I am a little more tired maybe, but that is about the only symptom I am feeling at this point. The reason I mention that is because people have been asking how I feel. I actually don't feel bad.

I have probably had this tumor for maybe 10-15 years. "They" say AN's grow at a rate of about 1-2 mm per year. I have had the feeling of stuffiness in one ear for some years. It is funny, because when I mentioned this to the doctors, they said it was "fluid behind the eardrum" and to take some sudafed to help it drain. Never worked.. Huh? (Sue, you better comment on this!)

Counting down.... 22 days

1 comment:

Tammy said...

Carmen,
Just a few words...
I am truly inspired by your positive attitude! The way you are dealing with the AN - is the best way. I am impressed by your strength. Whatever happens along the path of this journey will only make your life more precious. Through your words I can tell that you’re already making everyday count. I am looking forward to your next post. I am here for you and will be thinking about you a lot.
Hang in there!
Your friend,
Tammy